about your EB-5 visa
investUS™ is one of the premier, USCIS approved EB-5 Regional Centers in the United States. Our EB-5 investment program is designed to assist you and your immediate family members in securing conditional and then permanent green card visas, to live and work in the United States within just a few years.
In exchange for making a minimum $500,000 investment in a qualifying new commercial business in a Targetd Employment Area(TEA) that creates at least 10 permanent US jobs, you are eligible to receive a conditional visa first, and then a permanent green card visa when the USCIS later confirms the ongoing investment and the job-creation documentation application for removal of the conditions. In addition to your investment, you will be required to pay an immigration attorney for preparation of your applications, and an administrative fee to investUS EB-5 Regional Center for administration of your investment.
- a person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with your spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, excluding the value of your primary residence; or
- a person with income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with your spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year.
In addition, the USCIS will require evidence that you have no criminal record and will want detailed documentation on your source of investment funds. For more information on USCIS immigration requirements please consult an approved EB-5 immigration attorney.
Step-by-Step investUS EB-5 investor process.
Start with reviewing the program, investment opportunity and requirements:
- Review the investUS EB-5 Program description to learn more about us and our EB-5 investment program and opportunities. Please note the minimum investUS EB-5 investment amount is $500,000 for a project located in a TEA. The average expected term of the investment is five to seven years.
- Discuss with an investUS EB-5 representative or other EB-5 advisor to determine suitability for your needs.
- Review the written materials provided about the investment opportunity and the EB-5 program. Generally, investUS EB-5 investors invest in a Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP) and the LLLP invests in the job-creating company. Investment income is paid by the job-creating company to the LLLP. The LLLP will pay various fees and costs, a preferred return and capital investmentto the limited partners, and the remainder is paid annually to compensate the General Parner.
When you decide to move forward:
- Determine your eligibility for immigration to the US and that your source of funds documentation is sufficient to meet USCIS requirements for the EB-5 Immigrant Investment Program.
- Review carefully the offering materials, potentially wity your own investment advisor.
- If you determine the investment is right for you, complete the required Subscription agreement and return it to investUS
- If we approve your Subscription, then within the period of time stated in the offering materials, wire with the $US subscription amount wired to the escrow account in the US. In addition to your investment amount, you will be required to pay investUS an administrative fee to cover marketing, legal and administrative expenses. This amount does not include fees payable to your immigration attorney or other advisors or agents.
- Keep the remittance confirmation letter from the escrow bank for your records.
- Complete the information required by our accredited investor verification service.
Prepare and submit your I-526 Application:
- Have your Approved EB-5 immigration attorney prepare your I-526 application with the necessary Source of Funds documentation and documentation provided by investUS on the job-creating company using a template (we will provide).
- Await confirmation from USCIS about the adjudication decision (currently takes 10 -15 months).
- When your I-526 is approved, you will receive a confirmation letter and additional information from investUS. Once I-526 is approved, your investment become non-refundable and “at risk”.
- If your I-526 is denied, investUS will begin the process to refund your investment principal and administration fee.
Proceed to get US residency or Adjustment of status:
- If you reside outside the US, schedule a Consulate Interview.
- If you already reside within the US with a valid visa, have your immigration attorney adjust your visa status to reflect the EB-5 program adjudication.
- You will then receive your conditional green card visas for you and your immediate family.
Preparing the I-829 Application:
- No later than three months prior to the expiration date for your conditional green cards, your immigration attorney will submit the I- 829 application to remove the conditions based upon the job creation documentation prepared by investUS.
- Upon I-829 approval, you will receive permanent green cards.
Return of your investment occurs when the company can do so.
investUS EB-5 investment terms.
- The minimum investment for investUS projects is $500,000.
- Fees that cover administrative costs, marketing and legal expenses associated with each unit of investment are stated in the Subscription Agreement. This does not include attorney fees associated with the preparation and submission of the petition assumed by each individual investor.
- Your EB-5 investment in an investUS project is deposited into an LLLP which in turn invests in the job-creating project company.
- The average term of the investment is five to seven years.
- The locations of our projects vary but all projects will be located in Targeted Employment Area (TEA),which is either a rural or high unemployment area.
- The total amount of jobs created varies from project to project, depending on the size and the scope of the project. investUS requires that projects exceed the minimum job requirements.
- Investment income for the LLLP comes from the payments made by the project company. After administrative and monitoring costs are paid, investors receive a nominal return, depending on the investment terms that are negotiated. Investment income is paid on an annual basis.
- The LLLP will make an investment in the job creating entity with expected return of five to seven years.Once the conditions are removed to the green card visa and the job creating entity has repard the investment, the LLLP intends to distribute the original capital investments back to investors.
When you invest in job-creating businesses in New Mexico, USA, through investUS, one of the premier, approved EB-5 Regional Centers, you invest in your family’s future. We understand this and we appreciate your trust.
America is a living, thriving, evolving idea. We are people from around the globe who have come together to live a free, prosperous, multicultural life in the extraordinary place and purpose that is New Mexico, USA. Together, we can help you live this American dream.