investUS best practices
As our state’s premier EB-5 Regional Center, investUS™ and its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is committed to the highest Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. investUS operates in accordance with the IIUSA (Invest in the USA trade association for the EB-5 Regional Center Program) recommended Best Practices as guidelines (https://iiusa.org/en/iiusa-approved-best-practices/) for EB-5 Regional Centers. As part of this commitment, the investUS Board of Directors has adopted the EB-5 industry’s standards as published by IIUSA and as outlined below:
Code of Ethics
- Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect, and in an ethical manner with the public, clients, prospective clients and colleagues in the EB-5 Regional Center industry, regulators, program administrators, and other participants in the EB-5 Program.
- Place the integrity of the EB-5 Regional Center Program and the interests of clients above their own personal interests.
- Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgment when conducting an analysis of potential EB-5 investments on behalf of clients, making recommendations to clients or potential clients regarding EB-5 investments and engaging in other EB-5-related activities.
- Act and encourage others to act in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect positively on themselves and the EB-5 Regional Center Program.
- Promote the integrity of and uphold the rules governing the EB-5 Regional Center Program.
- Maintain and improve their professional competence and strive to maintain and improve the competence of other participants in the EB-5 Regional Center industry.
Standards of Professional Conduct
- Knowledge of and Compliance with the Law
- Members must understand and comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations (including the Code and Standards) of any government, regulatory organization, licensing agency, or professional association governing their EB-5 activities. Members must not knowingly participate or assist in and must dissociate from any activity that would result in a violation of such laws, rules, or regulations. A Member should require ethically conscious behavior of its employees and representatives and encourage and direct them to promote high standards of professionalism in the EB-5 Regional Center industry.
- Independence and Objectivity
- Members must not offer, solicit, or accept any illegal gift, benefit, compensation, or consideration that reasonably could be expected to compromise their own or another’s independence and objectivity. Members must comply with all applicable U.S. and foreign anti-bribery and other laws, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”).
- Members and their agents or representatives must not knowingly make any misrepresentations relating to an EB-5 investment or other EB-5 related activities. Members should report misrepresentative conduct to the relevant authorities.
- Prudence and Care
- Members have a duty to act with reasonable care and exercise prudent judgment in the course of their business dealings related to the EB-5 Regional Center Program.
- Fair Dealing
- Members must deal fairly and objectively with counter parties when providing advice or services regarding potential EB-5 investments or the EB-5 Regional Center Program.
- Performance Presentation
- When communicating EB-5 investment performance information, Members must make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is fair, accurate, and complete.
- EB-5 Advice and Recommendations
- Diligence and Reasonable Basis
- To the extent a member is engaged in providing investment advice, such members must:
- Exercise diligence, independence, and thoroughness in developing and/or evaluating EB-5 investments and making recommendations regarding potential investments.
- Have a reasonable and adequate basis, supported by appropriate research and investigation, for any recommendation or action with respect to a potential EB-5 investment.
- Communication with Existing and Prospective EB-5 Investors
- Members must:
- disclose to investors and prospective investors the basic facts about EB-5 investments and must promptly disclose any changes that might materially affect the investment or the immigration related eligibility of the investor;
- use reasonable judgment in identifying which factors are important to EB-5 investment opportunities and include those factors in communications with clients and prospective clients; and
- distinguish between fact and opinion in the presentation of EB-5 investments.
- Conflicts of Interest
- Disclosure of conflicts
- Members should seek to minimize any conflicts of interest and take reasonable steps to do so. Members must make full and fair disclosure of all matters and/or relationships that could possibly impair their independence and objectivity or interfere with respective obligations and/or duties to their clients and prospective clients. Members must ensure that such disclosures are delivered in plain language, and communicate the relevant information effectively.
We are committed to your success
The investUS EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is dedicated to creating opportunity for those seeking a promising future for their family to live and thrive in the United States. With investUS, you have the opportunity to make a sound investment to obtain permanent green card visas for you and your family, to travel and to live anywhere in the United States.
America is a living, thriving, evolving idea. We are people from around the globe who have come together to live a free, prosperous, multicultural life in the extraordinary place and purpose that is New Mexico, USA. Together, we can help you live this American dream.